.cvsignore

Why am I using CVS?  Good question.  Because everyone else in my team is using it.

Why is there a .cvsignore file with contents of:

target
and I have a target directory and it is NOT being ignored.  (Eclipse keeps wanting to check it in when I commit.)

Solution: Look around for other .cvsignore files.  CVS update your code.  Maybe there is a cvsignore file you don't know about.  Anyway there was a .cvsignore inside the target directory and that cvsignore file was checked into CVS.  Therefore the outer cvsignore file which was trying to ignore target CANNOT!

So I deleted the outer cvsignore file and committed.  I seem to remember that there were some resources in the target folder that DID want to be in CVS.  Maybe?

Looking at some git projects I am also a team member on, the .gitignore file always seems to be at the root of the project.  Kinda nice.  Put it all in one place.

Comments

Popular Posts