ng-grid review

I really, really wanted to like the ng-grid   When you are using angular, it definitely gives you a lot of functionality that you would have to build in your own ng-repeat directive.  Actually, it is pretty easy to set up too.

Unfortunately, I think jqgrid has it beat.  jqgrid has some pretty awesome sorting and filtering functionality.  ng-grid is lacking the column 'auto' width.  It does not sound like a big deal, but if you don't know what your data widths will be, it is a pain.  I don't want to specify each width of each column.

EDIT:  I changed my mind!

I came up with a pretty cool solution which computes your column widths for ng-grid!  Includes jasmine unit test FTW!





Comments

  1. Hi!

    Can you create a example in jsfiddle or plunker? I'm a beginner in angularjs and i dont know where i'll put the code refered in controllerSpec.js.

    I tried put that in my controller but it's not recognize it and expect functions, maybe i am doing something wrong.

    Thank you!

    Rafael Castro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi @Rafa. Thanks for the comment. Here is an example ng-grid plunker. http://plnkr.co/edit/iBnfyI?p=preview.

      You do not need the code from controllerSpec. It's just a unit test.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts