sqlite in eclipse

I was able to download a JDBC driver for sqlite.

I put the jar file in my /opt/eclipse/plugins dir.

Then I followed the instructions to set up the driver and the database connection.

I found that I could not create the connection by right clicking "Database Connections".  It did not allow me to put in a connection NAME!  So I had to use the icon to create the connection.

Anyway, the default database name is "main" in sqlite.  In the Data Source Explorer, you literally see nothing when you drill into ANYTHING, but that's ok!  You can still run SQL which is the most important part!  And if you need to know the table names run:


SELECT name, type FROM sqlite_master WHERE type in ('table', 'view')

pragma table_info(customers);

Happy days!



Comments

  1. Hi Jesse,
    i am currently at the same point, but I have no idea which icon you used. Would you mind explain this in deep (maybe with an actual version of eclipse).

    Thanx a lot in advance.

    Axel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts